Our online store currently accepts the following forms of payment:
Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, JCB Diner’s Club, financing through Klarna
Our online store unfortunately cannot accept PayPal, wire transfer, money order or check.
Error message at check-out:
This is likely happening for one of three reasons.
1) The zip code on the billing address you are entering doesn’t match the zip code on the card you are using.
2) Your bank is blocking the transaction because of the total, in which case, give your bank a call to let them know a large purchase is coming through.
3) You are shipping outside the US or Canada. We unfortunately cannot ship internationally.
Shipping and Handling
- Prices do not include freight. Accessories and unassembled bikes ship free to the continental US. Shipping costs to Hawaii, Alaska and Canada will be calculated at checkout.
- For all other countries, see our international shipping options here.
- Accessory only orders are shipped in cardboard boxes using either FedEX, USPS, UPS or a courier service.
- Bikes shipped via Direct Home Delivery are shipped fully assembled via a courier or freight service. Shipping is free on Direct Home Delivery bikes but this program includes a $299 professional assembly fee.
- Bikes shipped via Local Bike Shop Pick-Up bikes are shipped to a local bike shop of your choosing at check-out. After the local bike shop assembles your bike, it will be ready for pick-up (or delivery at some bike shops) on the date of your choosing. There is a $100 fee for this assembly option.
- Unassembled bikes are shipped directly to the customer in cardboard boxes using either FedEX, USPS, UPS or a courier service. Unassembled bikes shop for free in the continental US.
- The buyer is responsible for notifying Xtracycle about any shipping damage or problems within 7 days of receipt. Failure to report damage or missing items within 7 days will result in forfeiture of right to claims with Xtracycle Inc.
Order Turnaround/Delivery Time
Accessory Order Turnaround/Delivery Time
Accessory order processing time for in-stock items is generally 1 business day when orders are placed before 12 noon PST. We do not promise same day shipment under any circumstances. Delivery can take between 2 and 10 business days depending on carrier and distance from our California-based warehouse.
Bike Order Turnaround/Delivery Time
Bike order processing time will vary depending on how your bike is being shipped – via Direct Home Delivery, Local Bike Shop Pick-Up or Unassembled:
- Direct Home Delivery: The processing time to build your bike will be between 1 week and 10 days. Delivery of fully assembled bikes can take 2 to 3 weeks depending on your location.
- Local Bike Shop Pick-Up: The processing time varies for each shop. At check out, you will be able to choose the pick-up date that’s best for you.
- Unassembled mechanical bikes: The processing time is generally 1 business day when orders are placed before 12 noon PST. Delivery can take between 2 and 10 business days depending on carrier and distance from our California-based warehouse.
- Unassembled e-bikes: The processing time is generally 4 business days when orders are placed before 12 noon PST. Delivery can take between 2 and 10 business days depending on carrier and distance from our California-based workshop.
Please see our full return policy here.
If an order has not shipped, the order can be cancelled or items can be removed from the order prior to shipment. The non-refundable 5% restocking fee (minimum of $5) will be deducted from the refund amount on order cancellations. If an order has already shipped, the order cannot be canceled and the order will have to be processed as a return upon receipt of the package. Please refer to the Returns policy above for details on how to initiate a return.
You can register your Xtracycle product here: https://www.xtracycle.com/registration/
If you ordered an Xtracycle cargo bike directly through Xtracycle, your bike and accessories were registered by the Xtracycle team. We sent the registration document to the email we have on file for your order. If you have any questions about the registration of your direct purchase Xtracycle bike, please email support at email@example.com.
Limited Warranty: Xtracycle bikes and ebikes
The Xtracycle warranty covers each frame and fork of the bicycle or ebike against defects in workmanship and materials for three (3) years for personal use or one (1) year for commercial use. If you register your bike (for personal use) within 30 days of purchase, your warranty will be extended to a lifetime warranty.
All original parts are covered for a period of one (1) year for personal use or six (6) months for commercial use, except for the parts listed which are not warrantied once the bike or ebike is ridden or are not a part manufactured by Xtracycle: bar-end plugs, brake pads, chain, chain guard, cassette, chainrings, grips, handlebar stabilizing spring, kickstand ends, nipples, spokes, rims, tires, tubes, and valves, front and rear brake caliper and pads, front and rear brake rotor, brake levers, headset, handlebar grips, shifter, front and rear derailleur, crank, cassette, front and rear hub, front and rear tire and inner tube, Supernova lights*, Busch+Muller lights*, Herrmans lights*, Biologic Joule dynamo hub*, pedals, chain guard (found on 11i only), Shimano parts*, Bosch Parts*(this includes the motor, battery, charger, display, chain – these might be covered under Bosch’s warranty).
*These products are not manufactured by Xtracycle so are not covered under Xtracycle’s warranty. Parts might be covered under a warranty supplied by the original manufacturer.
Limited Warranty: Xtracycle accessories
This warranty does not cover: normal wear and tear, improper assembly, improper follow-up maintenance, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended for, or compatible with, the bicycle as sold; damage or failure due to accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect, labor charges for part replacement or changeover, original shipping costs.
Xtracycle warrants each Xtracycle accessory against defects in workmanship and materials for one (1) year. Some accessories have the option to double your warranty if you register your product. These products include: WheelSkirts, CargoBay, HiViz Lid, PorterPack, SlingSet, and LockPocket .
Limited Warranty Terms
This warranty is void in its entirety by any modification of the frame, fork, or components. This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective item and is the sole remedy of the warranty. This warranty extends from the date of purchase, applies only to the original owner, and is not transferable. Xtracycle, Inc. is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. Proof of purchase is required. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights may vary from place to place. This warranty does not affect the statutory rights of the consumer.
Warranty on Bosch parts
The Bosch electric motor, battery, and console are warrantied for two (2) years for personal use or one (1) year for commercial use. The warranty only applies to the original owner, is non-transferable, and is voided if the system is modified by the owner in any way. Proof of Purchased is required for claim approval. A certified Bosch dealer must handle these claims but Xtracycle is happy to send riders in the right direction with these claims. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get you the info you need to get your Bosch claim resolved.
Warranty on other non-Xtracycle parts
Some parts on Xtracycle bikes are not made by Xtracycle. For example, the Shimano shifters or Schwalbe tires. These parts carry their own warranty and you will need to contact their manufacturer. Not sure if a part is covered by our warranty or the manufacturers? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we can either help or send you in the right direction.
Filing a warranty claim
If you purchased from an Xtracycle dealer: These warranties must be handled by the Xtracycle dealer. Contact the dealer you purchased the item through to process the warranty claim.
If you purchased at Xtracycle.com or if going to the original shop is not an option: Please fill out the warranty claim form here.
By purchasing a bicycle from Xtracycle Inc., you are agreeing to take full responsibility for your own safety and the safety of those who ride this bicycle (i.e. your customers). This responsibility requires that you tune up your brakes as needed and inspect the seat, tires, frame and other components each time the bicycle is ridden. It is your responsibility to recognize the limits of your machine and ride within those limits, especially when carrying cargo. Xtracycle Inc. is not responsible for any accidents, even those attributable to bicycle design or mechanical failure of the bicycle. Do not purchase a bicycle from us unless you accept full responsibility for yourself and anyone else who rides it.
All sensitive information such as credit card details, name and address is encrypted. This means that information passed between your computer and our website cannot be read even in the event it is intercepted by someone else. We are also Tier 1 PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant, courtesy of our web hosting service, Big Commerce, and their credit card processing partner, Secure Net. Tier I ensures unbeatable security and protection of sensitive customer information. Websites go through a rigorous independent audit and significant investment to attain Tier 1 PCI DSS certification with the prime purpose of ensuring that their customers’ data is as safe as possible when they purchase products online. For more information please see the PCI Security Standards Council Website.
We encourage you to call us. We’d be happy to help! If you have questions concerning specifications, options, customizing or anything else; please call, e-mail or write.
Mailing address: Xtracycle Inc., 868 43rd St. Oakland, CA 94608