Xtracycle ignited the cargo bike revolution that’s spreading around the world. Our products are designed with the belief that virtually anything in your life can be accomplished with a bike and a sense of adventure. Realize your dreams. Sweeten your days. One pedal stroke at a time.
Twenty years ago, an idealistic Stanford engineering student, Ross Evans, landed in war-torn Nicaragua. In a tin and cinder-block shed, he welded together a revolutionary invention: a long-tail cargo bike that empowered farmers to pedal their produce to market.
Returning to California, Ross founded Xtracycle with a vision for transforming American transportation. Together with countless early riders, Xtracycle ignited a cargo bike movement that is spreading across the globe. Today, the pioneering Xtracycle EdgeRunner design leads the way in the LongTail category that was created right here.
We work to live by the following values:
Be a good butterfly: If a butterfly can cause a hurricane thousands of miles away, so can you. Make it a good one.
Run the edges: Edgerunners are those courageous people who by strength of will and nobility of spirit make life better for humanity. In this way of being, at times you will feel alone. We must reimagine the status quo and live for something bigger than ourselves.
Be ready for anything: Open minds and hungry hearts—with a willingness to try new things, take risks, and fail forward—prepare us for everyday adventure. Commit to grow, master your uncertainty, sharpen your skills, and boldly forge your future.
Be moved: When we fully engage with the moment, embrace our purpose, and are moved in body and spirit, we generate vicarious joy. This is our invitation to openly share your emotion, inspiration, meaning, and beauty: fuel your fire and lead the way with your light.
We ride together: We share a vision of the bicycle as a powerful change agent—humble and inclusive yet revolutionary—and bikes that haul give people even more utility and personal freedom. That’s the whole point: we edgerunners ride together, and our bikes serve, transport, and transform us all. If the life we live is the legacy we leave, let’s ride!
What does this role entail?
Xtracycle is opening a new physical space (retail shop and headquarters) in Mill Valley. We’re looking for a qualified sales person who can help us take our stellar online customer service and translate that to in person sales at our retail store. You will be helping represent Xtracycle in person to clients from all over. Plus, you’ll get experience not just at the retail level but you’ll be working for the Xtracycle brand itself and get hands-on experience on how a brand operates as well.
You’ll delight Xtracycle clients and help transform their lives while working to achieve Xtracycle’s purpose: popularize bike use for everyday transport.
If that sounds exciting, read more about the responsibilities of the position:
- In-person sales: Greet clients warmly and listen to their needs to connect them with a bike that’s great for them.
- Go on test rides with clients: Teach clients how to operate the bike and give them the opportunity to experience the joys of riding an Xtracycle.
- Remote sales: Conduct virtual sales calls via chat, text, video call or phone.
- Rental booking: Help clients book rentals and deliver a wow experience.
- Manage sales pipeline: Work within the sales pipeline to proactively reach out to leads and close deals.
- Coordinate transportation for rentals, purchased bikes, and service pickups:
– Arrange freight shipments and communicate with freight brokers, carriers and clients.
– Work with the Xtracycle Delivery Expert or other delivery partners to make local deliveries, pick up rentals, etc.
Your Qualities and Attributes:
- Entrepreneurial attitude: You work hard and will strive to help Xtracycle succeed.
- Goal-Oriented: You have strong follow-through and consistently achieve your goals.
- Ready for Anything: You stay hyper-vigilant and attuned to the good and bad. You are prepared for the unexpected.
- Problem-Solver: You notice when something isn’t working and work with your team to make it better.
- Clear communicator: You are friendly, concise and open. You communicate simply and leave nothing open for interpretation in person, on calls, and in writing.
- Positive: You are positive and upbeat in communications.
- Systems Builder: You’re constantly on the lookout for improving how we do things and build and document effective systems.
- Connection with clients: You quickly develop rapport with our clients who often parents and their children aged 0-8.
- Love of family/cargo bikes: You wholeheartedly believe in their ability to change lives.
This is a full-time position based in Mill Valley, CA. Compensation depends on experience.
To apply for this position, go to: xcy.cl/apply
Please write “Retail Sales Associate” into the “Applying for” field.
- Your resume.
- Answer the following question: Why are you interested in working for Xtracycle?
Apply as soon as possible, because we’ll be scheduling interviews on a rolling basis with qualified candidates.
Work at our Mill Valley, CA headquarters/retail space located in Tam Junction near Good Earth with great bicycle infrastructure and riding all around.
Xtracycle values a diverse workplace where teammates feel empowered, dignified and respected in all aspects of work and life. We strongly encourage women/trans/femme/non-binary/two spirit/gender non-conforming/+, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Xtracycle is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.