Love bikes? Align with Xtracycle’s values? Perfect.
You’ll learn Xtracycle’s innovative approach to bicycle fulfillment while preparing, assembling, and shipping Xtracycles to surprise and delight our dealer and direct clients.
- Unbox bikes and prepare them for shipment.
- Assemble bikes for bike shops and for individuals.
- Print and attach labels for shipments.
- Ship bikes or accessories.
- Kit products: Put specific parts in bags to make assemblies quicker.
- Receive inventory/unload trucks.
- Lift boxes onto trucks.
- Keep shop space clean and organized.
Your Qualities and Attributes:
- Entrepreneurial attitude: You work hard and do whatever it takes to help Xtracycle succeed.
- Attentive to details: You pay attention to the little stuff, while keeping your sights on the big picture.
- Goal-Oriented: You have strong follow-through and work to consistently achieve your goals.
- Problem-Solver: You notice when something isn’t working and work with your team to make it better.
- Clear communicator: You are friendly, concise and open.
- Positive: You are positive and upbeat in communications.
- Passion for all things bicycle. Confident working with your hands. We’ll train you if you’re the right fit!
- Capable of lifting bikes weighing up to 80 pounds without assistance
- You’re available throughout the busy building season from April – September.
This is a part-time or full-time position depending on your/our needs.
Compensation depends on experience and is competitive for bicycle assemblers in Oakland.
Work at our Oakland-based office walking distance from MacArthur BART.
To apply for this position, go to: xcy.cl/apply
Please write “Xtracycle Assembler” into the “Applying for” field.
One paragraph cover letter that answers this question: Why are you inspired to commit your time and energy to Xtracycle?
Xtracycle ignited the cargo bike revolution that’s spreading around the world. Our products are designed with the belief that virtually anything in your life can be accomplished with a bike and a sense of adventure. Realize your dreams. Sweeten your days. One pedal stroke at a time.
Twenty years ago, an idealistic Stanford engineering student, Ross Evans, landed in war-torn Nicaragua. In a tin and cinder-block shed, he welded together a revolutionary invention: a long-tail cargo bike that empowered farmers to pedal their produce to market.
Returning to California, Ross founded Xtracycle with a vision for transforming American transportation. Together with countless early riders, Xtracycle ignited a cargo bike movement that is spreading across the globe. Today, the pioneering Xtracycle EdgeRunner design leads the way in the LongTail category that was created right here.
We work to live by the following values:
Be a good butterfly.
If a butterfly can cause a hurricane thousands of miles away, so can you. Make it a good one.
Run the edges.
Edgerunners are those courageous people who by strength of will and nobility of spirit make life better for humanity. In this way of being, at times you will feel alone. We must reimagine the status quo and live for something bigger than ourselves.
Be ready for anything.
Open minds and hungry hearts—with a willingness to try new things, take risks, and fail forward—prepare us for everyday adventure. Commit to grow, master your uncertainty, sharpen your skills, and boldly forge your future.
When we fully engage with the moment, embrace our purpose, and are moved in body and spirit, we generate vicarious joy. This is our invitation to openly share your emotion, inspiration, meaning, and beauty: fuel your fire and lead the way with your light.
We ride together.
We share a vision of the bicycle as a powerful change agent—humble and inclusive yet revolutionary—and bikes that haul give people even more utility and personal freedom. That’s the whole point: we edgerunners ride together, and our bikes serve, transport, and transform us all. If the life we live is the legacy we leave, let’s ride!