EdgeRunning with Ross: Who Cares About Values-Driven Design?
TOPIC: Who Cares About Values-Driven Design?
TIME: 12:00pm PST
LENGTH: Approx 90 minutes
What will I learn?
- Why Ross is acknowledged as a master cargo bike designer and instigator of the modern cargo bike movement.
- Xtracycle’s surprising origin story.
- How purpose-driven design inspired 3 generations of design evolution.
- Why choose a longtail cargo bike VS trailers, bakfiets, and panniers.
- How our purpose as a company empowers everything we do.
- Why the bike industry would prefer that Xtracycle went away.
- Why we pioneered the design and engineering of a new, better type of bike delivery.
- How Xtracycle’s historical commitment to service continues today through our sister non-profit, Worldbike.org.
- Our commitment to you riding a quality cargo bike.
- Ross’ reason for extending you a special limited-time offer.
Ross Evans, Founder and CEO of Xtracycle
In 1995, 19-year-old Ross Evans stowed his Stanford University textbooks and travelled to Nicaragua, carrying with him bike tools, a welder and a question for his undergraduate thesis: could a different kind of bicycle help lift the poor out of poverty? Alongside a group of war-disabled men, he set out to design an elegant, affordable solution. His passion to empower people with transformational tools continues today at the helm of Worldbike.org and Xtracycle—a pioneering manufacturer of electric and lifestyle bicycles. Ross’s two sons believe him to be 3.14 parts dragon. He is constitutionally unemployable.