Position Title: Service Technician at Xtracycle
Position location: 237 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley, CA.
Reports to: Lead Service Technician and Product Expert
Join the Xtracycle team and support our purpose: bikes as everyday transportation. Help customers transform their lives with a cargo bike by providing exceptional service to get the most out of their bike – made for a lifetime of utility and fun!
- Assemble new bikes and install accessories efficiently and accurately.
- Complete service tags.
- Assess the service needs of Xtracycle bikes and ebikes that come in for repair.
- Complete repairs on schedule.
- Communicate proactively and clearly with customers so that time and cost expectations are met.
- Maintain and service rental bicycle fleet.
- Serve as a backup on the retail sales floor.
- Keep service department clean and organized.
- Stock counts (as needed).
- Systems documentation.
Your qualities and attributes
Advocate: You believe in making bikes accessible.
Attentive to details: You pay attention to the little stuff.
Problem-Solver: You notice when something isn’t working and seek solutions.
Clear communicator: You are friendly, concise and effective.
Team member: You enjoy working alongside and collaborating with others.
- eBike Specific Software
- Point of Sale system and financing (Oliver POS)
- Service & Rental Appointment booking software (Calendly, Booqable)
- Build tracking (Airtable)
- Phone system (JustCall)
- Team communications (Zoom, Slack)
We value professional experience and a background in bicycle building and repair, though we will provide the necessary training to assemble and service Xtracycles regardless of your level of experience.
Compensation depends on experience, efficiency and quality of your assemblies and service. The pay scale ranges from $20/hour for novice mechanics to $27/hour for very experienced mechanics.
To apply for this position, go to: https://airtable.com/shrVamRtDPGHI8Kuj. Please write “Xtracycle Service Technician” into the “Applying for” field. We will schedule interviews on a rolling basis with qualified candidates.
- Your resume and availability.
- Answer the following question: Why are you interested in working for Xtracycle in this particular role?
Xtracycle was founded by Ross Evans in 1998, with the goal of designing products with the belief that virtually anything in your life can be accomplished with a bike (and a sense of adventure). Realize your dreams. Sweeten your days. One pedal stroke at a time.
Our company values: https://www.xtracycle.com/missionandvalues
Our current team: https://www.xtracycle.com/meet-the-team/
Questions about our company or this role, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Xtracycle values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women/trans/femme/non-binary/two spirit/gender non-conforming/+, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Xtracycle is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.