Stoker XPP$2,414.50 Select options
Motor: Just you and your muscles
Range: How many energy bars you got?
eStoker X1$4,764.50 Select options
Motor: Bosch Performance
20 mph max
Range: 20-40 miles per charge
eStoker X1+$5,314.50 Select options
Motor: Bosch CX, high torque
20 mph max, great for hills
Range: 25-50 miles per charge
eStoker X2S$6,414.50 Select options
Motor: Bosch Speed, 28 mph max,
great for longer commutes
Range: 50-100 miles per charge
The Stoker is for anyone who knows that …
… every day dawns with an opportunity to be as stoked as humanly possible, at any given moment.
One day you stare into your computer and think: “Have I become … boring?” You spend days cajoling kids to get shoes on, stressed about work, saving for retirement. Too much time at a desk.
Man, this is what makes someone go buy a red Camaro and flee to a tropical island.
No, don’t do that. You are not boring. You can shoulder the pile of grown-up responsibilities that somehow accumulated while you were not paying attention. And you can also rip the gravel-path shortcut on the way home from work.
You can skirt the gridlock. You can feel strong. You can go bike-packing for the weekend. You can come home with a bloody knee, if you really go for it.
And one lazy weekend, you can save a frustrated spouse from bored kids. Load them on the back of the bike. Hit the playground. Stop for ice cream. Show them how you rip the gravel path. Make a perfect memory in their little brains.
And when you get home your spouse is on the porch, reading a book. And smiling.
Because that’s the kind of person you are. And that’s why we made you the Stoker.
The Stoker is with you, whether you are …
And the Stoker is an Xtracycle, which means it’s one of those things you can always depend on — whatever the day brings.
Multiple rowdy kids? Yup.
Outdoor adventure? Definitely.
Banana daiquiri parties? On it!
We wanted the Stoker to be equally at home on pavement, gravel or dirt.
While the Swoop, our other longtail cargo bike, is designed for maximum cargo stability with a smaller rear wheel, the Stoker has two 24-inch wheels. That gives more derailleur clearance and a smoother ride when you venture off road onto more rugged terrain.
In simpler terms. It’s way fun.
Wait, life’s busy. Who’s got time to ride a bike?
Hey! Don’t say such things.
Bosch-powered electric-assist changes everything.
You can cruise along at 20 mph with a Performance or CX motor. Or up to 28 mph with the Speed motor. For city trips up to several miles, an eStoker will get you there about as fast as a car. Sometimes faster.
Hills? No sweat.
Assuming you’re not too proud to accept a little electrified help. But if you are — or if you’re just an old-school sort — the Stoker is available in a purely human-powered version, too. You choose.
Either way, you’re moving. You’re staying fit, simply by doing stuff you’d otherwise do while sitting on your butt in the car. Which is the opposite of being stoked.
And if you’re honest with yourself about what you actually do in your car, we’re betting you can make a huge portion of those trips on this bike instead — in a way that saves money, and is better for your health, your kids, your attitude and the planet at large.
Moreover, we do everything we can to prevent our bikes from going “obsolete.” They hold their value, and they’re built to endure.
The nitty-gritty features
- Kid capacity: The Stoker can carry one, two or three kids inside the Hooptie enclosure. If you have younger kids, you can add one or two optional Yepp seats so they are securely strapped in.
- Why 24″ wheels? We doubled down on sturdiness with dual 24-inch wheels and high volume fat tires. More suited to off-road riding than a Swoop or Classic because of greater derailleur clearance.
- Cargo crazy: Pack on the pounds thanks to a taller handlebar and brawny rear cargo zone, which with two roomy CargoBay panniers. Carry four bags of groceries, ginormous diaper bags, whatever else. You’ll be amazed what people can haul on an Xtracycle. Yes, even Costco runs. (Add a SlingSet if you need to carry large, bulky items too.)
- Need even more cargo room? If you need more cargo room, the frame includes integrated mounts so you can add our standard front-mounted Porter Rack, which then can carry a roomy Porter Pack if you like, for hauling lots of small or medium-sized items.
- Stopping power: Responsive, powerful Shimano hydraulic brakes.
- See and be seen: The e-assist system also powers the built-in front and rear Bright-Sight lights. No changing batteries or forgetting your lights at home. They’re just always there, crazy bright, whenever you need them.
- Kickback center-stand: The ultra-stable center kickstand, included on all Stokers, lets you load and unload cargo with no wobbling or tipping.
- Built for safety and durability: The sturdy-yet-supple 4130 chromoly frame is built to last. Worry-free Xtracycle Signature Safety Fork is also made from strong, durable 4130 Chromoly steel and has an ultra-secure thru-axle.
- One size fits most: The Stoker frame (all Xtracycle frames actually) comes in one size. The bike is fit to the rider using our simple sizing kit (seatpost and handlebar stem – available in small, medium and large). This makes sharing the bike among multiple riders easier, and makes it relatively easy and inexpensive to change the bikes “size” if the primary rider of the bike changes. Just another part of our anti-obsolescense pledge.
- How is the Stoker different than a Swoop?
Two main differences:
- First, frame shape. The Stoker has a more traditional “triangle” frame. Frankly, the frame shape is more an aesthetic choice than anything, but it has some slight added strength, in case you plan to really be doing some heavy duty hauling or off-road riding.
- Second, the Stoker has a bigger rear wheel, (24 inches, compared with the 20-inch rear wheel on the Swoop). This allows more clearance for the rear derailleur. That’s not a big deal if you are going to be riding primarily on pavement. But if you plan some adventuring off-road, on trails, the Stoker is more specifically designed to handle that.
- Will it accommodate multiple riders of different heights?
In many cargo-bike families, multiple people end up using the bike regularly. Even if you don’t plan it that way, before you know it your spouse will be borrowing the thing all the time.
That’s partly why we designed our bike frames in one size and use “fit kits” — different seat posts and handlebar stems — to accommodate different rider heights. In most cases, we can help you choose the right fit kit to accommodate the people who will be riding the bike most, even if they are somewhat different heights.
This also allows you, if your situation changes and a different person of substantially different size becomes the primary cargo bike rider, you can alter the “size” of the bike more drastically by simply getting a new fit kit, not a whole new bike or frame.
We never want one of our bikes to become obsolete.
- If I buy the non-electric XPP model, can I add e-assist later?
Yes, if you change your mind and decide to go electric, you can always an aftermarket e-bike conversion kit later. And every non-electric Stoker frame has integrated battery mounts to ease any later e-bike conversion.