Motor: Just you and your muscles
Range: How many energy bars you got?
Motor: Bosch Performance
20 mph max
Range: 25-50 miles per charge
Motor: Bosch CX, high torque
20 mph max, great for hills
Range: 25-50 miles per charge
Motor: Bosch Speed, 28 mph max,
great for longer commutes
Range: 50-100 miles per charge
The Stoker is for anyone who knows that …
… every day dawns with an opportunity to be as stoked as humanly possible, at any given moment.
Whether you are …
And the Stoker is an Xtracycle, which means it’s one of those things you can always depend on — whatever the day brings.
Multiple rowdy kids? Yup.
Outdoor adventure? Definitely.
Banana daiquiri parties? On it!
We wanted the Stoker to be equally at home on pavement, gravel or dirt.
While the Swoop, our other longtail cargo bike, is designed for maximum cargo stability with a smaller rear wheel, the Stoker has two 24-inch wheels. That gives more derailleur clearance and a smoother ride when you venture off road onto more rugged terrain.
In simpler terms. It’s way fun.
Wait, life’s busy. Who’s got time to ride a bike?
Hey! Don’t say such things.
Bosch-powered electric-assist changes everything.
You can cruise along at 20 mph with a Performance or CX motor. Or up to 28 mph with the Speed motor. For city trips up to several miles, an eStoker will get you there about as fast as a car. Sometimes faster.
Hills? No sweat.
Assuming you’re not too proud to accept a little electrified help. But if you are — or if you’re just an old-school sort — the Stoker is available in a purely human-powered version, too. You choose.
Either way, you’re moving. You’re staying fit, simply by doing stuff you’d otherwise do while sitting on your butt in the car. Which is the opposite of being stoked.
And if you’re honest with yourself about what you actually do in your car, we’re betting you can make a huge portion of those trips on this bike instead — in a way that saves money, and is better for your health, your kids, your attitude and the planet at large.
Moreover, we do everything we can to prevent our bikes from going “obsolete.” They hold their value, and they’re built to endure.
The Stoker comes in four flavors
The X1, the X1+, the X2S, and the XPP
The difference is in the drive train. The XPP is a traditional mechanical pedal-powered cargo bike. The other three are electric-assist, and here’s how they compare.
|Model||eStoker X1||eStoker X1+||eStoker X2S|
|Battery||Bosch PowerPack 400wh||Bosch PowerPack 500wH||Two Bosch PowerPack 500wH for total of 1000wH, mount for second battery included|
|Battery range||20 – 40 miles per charge||25 – 50 miles per charge||50 – 100 miles per charge|
|Drive unit||Bosch Performance (Gen. 2)||Bosch CX (Gen. 2)||Bosch Speed (Gen. 2)|
|Max. pedal assist||20 mph||20 mph||28 mph|
|Bundled Accessories||– Hooptie|
– X3 CargoBays x2
|– Hooptie |
– X3 CargoBays x2
|– Hooptie |
– X3 CargoBays x2
|Size available||S, M, L||S, M, L||S, M, L|
|Color available||– Twilight Grey (matte)||– Twilight Grey (matte)||– Twilight Grey (matte)|
|Retail price||$4764.50 |
Buy the eStoker X1
Buy the eStoker X1+
Buy the eStoker X2S
All Stoker models, including the XPPs, come with a bundle of our most popular accessories, so they are all ready to carry passengers and everyday cargo. Additional accessories can be added as necessary, either at purchase or at any time later if you needs change.
The nitty-gritty features
- Kid capacity: The Stoker can carry one, two or three kids inside the Hooptie enclosure. If you have younger kids, you can add one or two optional Yepp seats so they are securely strapped in.
- Why 24″ wheels? We doubled down on sturdiness with dual 24-inch wheels and high volume fat tires. More suited to off-road riding than a Swoop or Classic because of greater derailleur clearance.
- Cargo crazy: Pack on the pounds thanks to a taller handlebar and brawny rear cargo zone, which with two roomy CargoBay panniers. Carry four bags of groceries, ginormous diaper bags, whatever else. You’ll be amazed what people can haul on an Xtracycle. Yes, even Costco runs. (Add a SlingSet if you need to carry large, bulky items too.)
- Need even more cargo room? If you need more cargo room, the frame includes integrated mounts so you can add our standard front-mounted Porter Rack, which then can carry a roomy Porter Pack if you like, for hauling lots of small or medium-sized items.
- Stopping power: Responsive, powerful Shimano hydraulic brakes.
- See and be seen: The e-assist system also powers the built-in front and rear Bright-Sight lights. No changing batteries or forgetting your lights at home. They’re just always there, crazy bright, whenever you need them.
- Kickback center-stand: The ultra-stable center kickstand, included on all Stokers, lets you load and unload cargo with no wobbling or tipping.
- Built for safety and durability: The sturdy-yet-supple 4130 chromoly frame is built to last. Worry-free Xtracycle Signature Safety Fork is also made from strong, durable 4130 Chromoly steel and has an ultra-secure thru-axle.
- One size fits most: The Stoker frame (all Xtracycle frames actually) comes in one size. The bike is fit to the rider using our simple sizing kit (seatpost and handlebar stem – available in small, medium and large). This makes sharing the bike among multiple riders easier, and makes it relatively easy and inexpensive to change the bikes “size” if the primary rider of the bike changes. Just another part of our anti-obsolescense pledge.
- How is the Stoker different than a Swoop?
Two main differences:
- First, frame shape. The Stoker has a more traditional “triangle” frame. Frankly, the frame shape is more an aesthetic choice than anything, but it has some slight added strength, in case you plan to really be doing some heavy duty hauling or off-road riding.
- Second, the Stoker has a bigger rear wheel, (24 inches, compared with the 20-inch rear wheel on the Swoop). This allows more clearance for the rear derailleur. That’s not a big deal if you are going to be riding primarily on pavement. But if you plan some adventuring off-road, on trails, the Stoker is more specifically designed to handle that.
- Will it accommodate multiple riders of different heights?
In many cargo-bike families, multiple people end up using the bike regularly. Even if you don’t plan it that way, before you know it your spouse will be borrowing the thing all the time.
That’s partly why we designed our bike frames in one size and use “fit kits” — different seat posts and handlebar stems — to accommodate different rider heights. In most cases, we can help you choose the right fit kit to accommodate the people who will be riding the bike most, even if they are somewhat different heights.
This also allows you, if your situation changes and a different person of substantially different size becomes the primary cargo bike rider, you can alter the “size” of the bike more drastically by simply getting a new fit kit, not a whole new bike or frame.
We never want one of our bikes to become obsolete.
- If I buy the non-electric XPP model, can I add e-assist later?
Yes, if you change your mind and decide to go electric, you can always an aftermarket e-bike conversion kit later. And every non-electric Stoker frame has integrated battery mounts to ease any later e-bike conversion.
- What if my ideal bike is not reflected in one of the Stoker models? Can I get a custom build?
Yes, of course! We have found that the pre-set models serve most people. But if you need something different, you can create a custom build of your bike with the exact drive train and accessories you like in our Bike Builder tool. Or give us a call, and we can help you build your custom bike.