MOTHERLOAD is a crowd-sourced documentary about a new mother’s quest to understand our current cultural shift toward isolation and disconnection, what this could mean for the future of the planet, and how life on a cargo bike could be the antidote.
Our founder, Ross Evans, is a big part of this story. His journey from service to invention to change-maker is cataloged by Liz Canning to really highlight how one person can make a huge change in culture. That’s what she’s done here.
Where can I see this incredible documentary?
There are a lot of showings coming up. See if there is one in your area:
- Tucson, AZ – Saturday, October 12th at 6pm on the Children’s Museum North Lawn as part of Film Fest Tucson! JoinFilm Fest Tucson for a FREE outdoor screening of MOTHERLOAD. Feel free to ride your bike to the screening, bring a blanket or chair and enjoy!Click here for details!
- Fairfax, CA – Saturday, October 12th at 7pm at Contratti Park. The Town of Fairfax Recreation will present the film, outside, free of charge, for our wonderful community to enjoy! Click here for the Facebook event!
- Bloomington, IN – Saturday, October 12th from 7-8:30pm at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater as part of Fall Family Bike Fest. Click here for tickets!
- Adelaide, Australia – Sunday, October 13th. Hosted by the Bicycle Institute of South Australia. The screening will be part of an all-day event which will see the “community opening” of Adelaide’s latest Greenway and also launch the Australian Walking & Cycling Conference. Updates at BISA’s Facebook page.
- Los Angeles, CA – Tuesday, October 15th. Hosted by the CalBike National Summit. Details TBA
- Toronto, Canada – Tuesday, October 15th-20th.Details TBD. Planet In Focus Film Festival
- Oakland, CA – Tuesday, October 15th at 7:45pm at 6335 san pablo ave, Oakland CA. Hosted by ROCK THE BIKE. Click here for the Facebook event!
- East Hartford, CT – Thursday, October 17th at Goodwin College Auditorium. Doors open at 6pm, film starts at 6:30pm. Hosted by Bike Walk CT. Click here for tickets!
- Richmond, VA – Thursday, October 17th. Hosted by Journeyman’s Adventure Co. Click here for the Facebook event!
- Atlanta, GA – Friday, October 18th, 7-9pm. Click here for more details!
- Carrboro, NC – Saturday, October 19th. Hosted by Carrboro Bicycle Coalition. Click here for more information!
- Charlottesville, VA – Saturday, October 19th from 3-5pm at Vinegar Hill Theatre. Hosted by the Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission and the Piedmont Environmental Council.
- Fernie, British Columbia – Sunday, October 20th at 4pm at the Arts Station. Presented by the Fernie chapter of GoByBikeBC and fundraising for the Fernie chapter of Cycling Without Age.
- Iowa City, IA – Sunday, October 20th at Prairie Hill Choosing. Detail TBA
- Bellingham, WA – Sunday, October 20th at 6:30pm as part of Doctober at the Pickford Film Center. Click here for more information!
- Vienna, Austria – Monday, October 21st. Hosted by Heavy Pedals. Click here for the Facebook event!
- Minneapolis, MN – Thursday, October 24th at 7pm at the Riverview Theater. Hosted by Cycling Without Age Twin Cities, the Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota and Perennial Cycle.
- St. Louis, MO – Thursday, October 24th at 7pm at Pedego St. Louis (801 South Holmes). Details TBA
- Petaluma, CA – Sunday, October 27th at 1pm at the Petaluma Community Center at Lucchesi Park. Test rides and information to follow. Hosted by Bike Petaluma and Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition. Sponsored by Rad Power Bikes, WORK Petaluma, The New Wheel and Petaluma.
- Raleigh, NC – Monday, October 28th at 6:30pm at Transfer Co. Food Hall (500 East Davie Drive). Hosted by Mode Makers, Transfer Co. Food Hall and Oaks & Spokes .
- Daytona Beach, FL – Saturday, November 2nd! Coffee and Conversation at Cinematique at 10am. A free event for all ages! RSVP requested at 386-252-3118.Click here for details.
- Waiheke Island, New Zealand – Saturday, November 2nd, sponsored by Cycle Action Waiheke, details TBA
- Barcelona, Spain – November 6-12, Barcelona International Environmental Film Festival, details TBA
- Austin, Texas – Friday, November 8, hosted by BikeATX at St. Elmo Brewery Co, details TBA
- Elgin, IL – Saturday, November 9th. Hosted by the Elgin Bike Hub.
- Mesa, AZ – Thursday, November 14th at the historic Nile theater in downtown Mesa. Doors open at 6:00pm, movie runs from 6:30 to 8:00pm
- Sheffield, United Kingdom – Wednesday, November 20th at 8pm. Hosted by Cycle to the Cinema in partnership with Decathlon
But how do I join in? I’m not even sure a cargo bike is right for me.
That’s okay. There are a lot of resources to help guide you.
We love reaching out to the larger cargo bike community to help out first. What’s better than first-hand experience?
Here are two Facebook groups that we recommend to ask questions and get some feedback:
Of course, you can always reach out to us as well. Our staff went through similar journeys and would love to share their wisdom and know-how with you.
I’m fired up and am ready to get a bike. Where do I go next?
Watch Ross’ exclusive conversation with the multi-talented director, writer, creator of MOTHERLOAD below. Also stick around until the end for a special offer!:
Good news! We thought of that as well! We built our Bike Recommender to help you find the right bike for you.
After that make sure to set up a time with our resident cargo bike experts to go over your recommended bike and make it perfect for you.
What if I want to host my own screening of Motherload?
Luckily, Liz Canning thought of that too. You can find all the information related to screening from Motherload here: http://motherloadmovie.com/host-screening.
Even better, we’ll provide you gift cards to raffle at every level:
- 15 people or under (streaming link)
- Raffle Item: $25 Gift card
- 50 people or under (downloadable movie file)
- Raffle Item: $50 Gift Card
- 100 people or under (downloadable movie file)
- Raffle Item: $100 Gift Card
- over 100 people (downloadable movie file)
- Raffle Item: $150 Gift Card
- Theatrical venue (DCP or Bluray)
- Raffle Item: $200 Gift Card
Also, if you are looking to host as non-profit, small organization, or just trying to find a way to make it work, send us a line and let’s see if we can work together on this.