Xtracycle Careers – Client Sales Advisor
We work to live by the following values:
Be a good butterfly: If a butterfly can cause a hurricane thousands of miles away, so can you. Make it a good one.
Run the edges: Edgerunners are those courageous people who by strength of will and nobility of spirit make life better for humanity. In this way of being, at times you will feel alone. We must reimagine the status quo and live for something bigger than ourselves.
Be ready for anything: Open minds and hungry hearts—with a willingness to try new things, take risks, and fail forward—prepare us for everyday adventure. Commit to grow, master your uncertainty, sharpen your skills, and boldly forge your future.
Be moved: When we fully engage with the moment, embrace our purpose, and are moved in body and spirit, we generate vicarious joy. This is our invitation to openly share your emotion, inspiration, meaning, and beauty: fuel your fire and lead the way with your light.
We ride together: We share a vision of the bicycle as a powerful change agent—humble and inclusive yet revolutionary—and bikes that haul give people even more utility and personal freedom. That’s the whole point: we edgerunners ride together, and our bikes serve, transport, and transform us all. If the life we live is the legacy we leave, let’s ride!
About this role.
Xtracycle is opening a new flagship store in Mill Valley. We’re looking for a Client Sales Advisor who can help translate the superb online sales and support experience to in-person sales at our retail store. You will represent Xtracycle in person to clients from all over.
You’ll delight Xtracycle clients and help transform their lives while working to achieve Xtracycle’s purpose: popularize bike use for everyday transport.
If that sounds exciting, read more about the responsibilities of the position:
- In-person sales: Greet clients warmly and empathetically listen to their needs to connect them with a bike that’s great for them.
- Go on test rides with clients: Show clients how to use an Xtracycle and give them the opportunity to experience the joys of riding it.
- Remote sales: Conduct virtual sales calls via chat, text, video call, or phone.
- Rental booking: Book rentals to give clients a glimpse of the delights of riding an Xtracycle.
- Manage sales pipeline: Work within the sales pipeline to proactively reach out to prospective clients and close deals.
- Coordinate transportation for rentals, purchased bikes, and service pickups:
– Arrange freight shipments and communicate with freight brokers, carriers, and clients.
– Work with the Xtracycle Delivery Expert or other delivery partners to make local deliveries, pick-up rentals, etc.
What you’ll bring to the team.
- Entrepreneurial attitude: You work hard and will strive to help Xtracycle succeed.
- Goal-Oriented: You have strong follow-through and consistently achieve your goals.
- Ready for Anything: You stay hyper-vigilant and attuned to the good and bad. You are prepared for the unexpected.
- Problem-Solver: You notice when something isn’t working and work with your team to make it better.
- Clear communicator: You are warm, friendly, concise and open. You communicate in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Positive: You are positive and upbeat in communications.
- Systems Builder: You’re constantly on the lookout for improving how we do things and build and document effective systems.
- Connection with clients: You quickly develop good rapport with our clients who are often parents and their children aged 0-8.
- Love of family/cargo bikes: You wholeheartedly believe in their ability to change lives.
This is a half to full-time position. Compensation depends on experience, efficiency and quality of your assemblies and service.
How to apply.
To apply for this position, go to: xcy.cl/apply
Please write “Xtracycle Service Technician” into the “Applying for” field.
- Your resume.
- Answer the following question: Why are you interested in working for Xtracycle?
About the location.
Work at our Mill Valley, CA headquarters and retail space located at 237 Shoreline Hwy. #C in Tam Junction near Good Earth with great bicycle infrastructure and riding all around.
Xtracycle is an equal opportunity employer.
Xtracycle values a diverse workplace where teammates feel empowered, dignified and respected in all aspects of work and life. We strongly encourage women/trans/femme/non-binary/two spirit/gender non-conforming/+, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Xtracycle is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.