Position Title: Client Sales Advisor
Position location: 237 Shoreline Highway, Mill Valley, CA.
Reports to: Flagship Store Manager
Join the Xtracycle team and support our purpose: bikes as everyday transportation. Help clients transform their lives with a cargo bike by providing exceptional service to get the most out of their bike – made for a lifetime of utility and fun!
We’re looking for a qualified sales person to provide customer service at our retail store and online. Xtracycle has built a stellar reputation designing and building high-quality, exceptionally useful bicycles – and providing above-and-beyond support to our customers. In this role you will gain experience both at the retail level, being part of a small and close-knit team at our Mill Valley shop, and as a representative of the Xtracycle brand.
Our customers are diverse, with varied knowledge and experience relating to bicycles – we aim to make both experienced and aspiring cyclists of all backgrounds feel welcome at Xtracycle. Many of our customers are parents; you should be comfortable connecting with people of all ages, and demonstrate flexibility and warmth when working with families with young children. Our shop promotes accessibility in the cycling world through serving customers with personalized support and maintaining a welcoming space.
- In-person sales: Greet customers warmly, listen to their needs, connect them with a bike that’s great for them.
- Go on test rides with customers: Teach customers how to operate our bikes and empower them to experience the joys of riding an Xtracycle.
- Remote sales: Conduct virtual sales calls via chat, text, video or phone call.
- Rental booking: Help customers book rentals and deliver a wow experience.
- Manage sales pipeline: Work within the sales pipeline to proactively reach out to leads and close deals.
Your qualities and attributes
Advocate: You love cargo bikes and believe in their ability to change lives.
Entrepreneurial attitude: You work alongside our team to help Xtracycle succeed, and believe in our mission.
Ready for Anything: You are prepared for the unexpected, and enjoy opportunities to get creative.
Problem-Solver: You notice when something isn’t working and work with your team to make it better.
Clear communicator: You are friendly, concise and open. You communicate effectively.
Systems Builder: You’re constantly on the lookout for improving how we do things and build and document effective systems.
- Point of Sale system and financing (Oliver POS, WooCommerce, Klarna)
- Appointment & rental booking software (Calendly, Booqable)
- Sales tracking (Active Campaign, Airtable)
- Phone system (JustCall)
- Team communications (Zoom, Slack)
- Placing orders (GoShare & Unleashed Software)
Compensation depends on experience and ranges from $20-$27 hour.
To apply for this position, go to: https://airtable.com/shrVamRtDPGHI8Kuj. Please write “Client Sales Advisor” into the “Applying for” field. We will schedule interviews on a rolling basis with qualified candidates.
- Your resume and availability.
- Answer the following question: Why are you interested in working for Xtracycle in this particular role?
Xtracycle was founded by Ross Evans in 1998, with the goal of designing products with the belief that virtually anything in your life can be accomplished with a bike (and a sense of adventure). Realize your dreams. Sweeten your days. One pedal stroke at a time.
Our company values: https://www.xtracycle.com/missionandvalues
Our current team: https://www.xtracycle.com/meet-the-team/
Xtracycle values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women/trans/femme/non-binary/two spirit/gender non-conforming/+, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Xtracycle is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.